The new webhook feature will be the official solution for the scenario when there are failed/pending/cancelled payment orders when users close their browsers or move to another website during the payment process.
The new webhook will capture the payment data within 20 seconds, making it processed even with the given example scenario above, unlike the previous solution we have for it where you will need to trigger the order status check manually.
To proceed with setting it up, you will need to have the access to your ePDQ back-office, then follow the steps below:
1. From your ePDQ back-office, proceed to Configuration >> Technical Information >> Transaction Feedback
2. In the Direct HTTP server-to-server request, set the timing of the request to Online.
3. Add the webhook link in both of the If the payment’s status is “accepted”, “on hold” or “uncertain”, and “If the payment’s status is “cancelled by the client” or “too many rejections by the acquirer” fields. The structure of the link will be as follows: http://yourwebsiteurl.com/wc-api/ag_epdq_webhook/?PARAMVAR=<PARAMVAR>
Set the “Timing of Request” option to “Online”.
4. Next, is to make sure that the Dynamic e-Commerce, and Dynamic parameters needed are set:
Here are the lists of the parameters that are required to be selected:
Dynamic e-Commerce Parameters:
5. In the General section, toggle the checkbox for both of the options:
6. Make sure to click on the Save button after these changes.
When the webhook is properly set, all orders that encounter the scenarios mentioned above will be checked, and processed automatically. We can see this in this sample result where all captures were done in one go:
For any difficulties regarding this guide, please feel free to contact our support team, and send your ticket here where one of our support team members will be glad to further assist you with it.
Was this helpful?
Our team are on hand to provide fast, helpful and professional support.
Welcome to our AG Bot, powered by OpenAI and trained on our documents and product pages. By continuing to use this service, please keep in mind: